Friday, 1 May 2009

Painting the Walls

Getting the walls to look old and crusty was good fun. Whilst Si worked with our composer Pete (who might I add is fantastically talented and a brilliant guy to have on board our film!)
I started treating the walls to make them look as though years of damp and mold had been growing on the observatory walls. I simply sponged the walls down with a base of yellow ochre, green and brown watered down acrylic paint, and then ran a wet sponge across the top of the walls to creating a dripping effect. It worked so well! I then took a hammer and screw driver the walls and carved out the brick effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment